Founded in 1976, Stern Oil Company has built a reputation on
"Quality, no matter how you look at it." From the highest quality
products, Stern Oil Company is dedicated to maintaining its
reputation of providing its customers with the very best.
Recommending the right products, used in the right amounts, at the right time, generates savings and value to our customers. A true dedication to assisting our customers is based on the philosophy, "If we can't save you money, we don't deserve your business."
The quality of our products and the quality of our services is one reason why we have become the premier distributor of lubricants for commercial and industrial uses in South Dakota, Nebraska, southwestern Minnesota, eastern Wyoming, and western Iowa.
• 1976 – Founded by Gillas Stern as an AMOCO
Tank Wagon Jobber
• 1981 – Purchased Yankton Bulk Plant
• 1983 – Scott Stern joined the company
• 1983 – Signed Mobil Lube Contract
• 1987 – Installed Bulk Tank(s) – six (6) 3300 gallons
• 1995 – Purchased Black Hills Oil
• 1997 – Opened Distributor Facility in Council Bluffs/Omaha
• 1998 – Purchased Erdman Oil Aberdeen, SD
• 1999 – Purchased Caldwell Oil
• 2003 – Signed Fuels contract with ExxonMobil
> Fastest growing brand in SD
• 2007 – Added Butler Cat (Cat Lubricants, North Dakota and
• 2008 – Purchased Ida Grove Oil
• 2008 – Aquired Martin Tractor & Foley Equipment for